Thursday 7 July 2011

Alanis Morisette Song Life


Alanis Morissette has released her most recent CD entitled So-Called Chaos.
I wish it weren't the case but, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with So-Called Chaos. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.
So-Called Chaos has a pleasantly varied, mix of 10 tracks that are very well written songs by this clearly outstanding artist. With many of the songs displaying a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are her own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions like love, heartbreak, pain, failed relationships and unattainable romance. They're all here.
Listen to and I think you'll agree that the song choices are excellent, the production is outstanding and Alanis Morissette is clearly in top form.
While the entire CD is outstanding the truly standout tunes are track 2 - Out Is Through, track 2 - Doth I Protest Too Much, and track 10 - Everything.
My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore - Eight Easy Steps. It's a great track!

Alanis Morissette originally released So-Called Chaos on May 18, 2004 on the Maverick label.
1. Eight Easy Steps 2. Out Is Through 3. Excuses 4. Doth I Protest Too Much 5. Knees Of My Bees 6. So-Called Chaos 7. Not All Me 8. This Grudge 9. Spineless 10. Everything
Personnel: Alanis Morissette (vocals); Joel Shearer (acoustic guitar); John Shanks (electric guitar, keyboards); David Levita, Jason Orme (electric guitar); Zac Rae (piano, keyboards, vibraphone); Jamie Muhoberac (keyboards); Paul Bushnell, Tim Thorney (bass guitar); Kenny Aronoff, Blair Sinta (drums); Scott Gordon (drum programming).
Recording information: Groovemasters, Santa Monica, California; Stage And Sound, Hollywood, California; The Village Recorder, Los Angeles, California; Henson Studios, Hollywood, California.
Not sure what's happening with me on this one, but it seems like the more I listen to it, the better So-Called Chaos gets. So-Called Chaos stated simply is one of Alanis Morissette's best CDs to date.
It's a rare day indeed that I get a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I'm more than happy to announce that's exactly what I must say about this one. There simply is NOT a bad one in the bunch. No fillers here at all, with each song standing tall on it's own.
Pop music fans will recognize some of the well known contributors on the project including Jamie Muhoberac and Kenny Aronoff plus a few other notables as well.
Overall So-Called Chaos is excellent from beginning to end. One of those CDs that after a few listens the songs are just etched into your memory. A must have for the Pop fan. Really sensational from beginning to end.
While the entire album is really very good the truly standout tunes are track 2 - Out Is Through, track 2 - Doth I Protest Too Much, and track 10 - Everything.
My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Eight Easy Steps. Good stuff!
So-Called Chaos Release Notes:
Alanis Morissette originally released So-Called Chaos on May 18, 2004 on the Maverick label.
CD Track List Follows:
1. Eight Easy Steps
2. Out Is Through
3. Excuses
4. Doth I Protest Too Much
5. Knees Of My Bees
6. So-Called Chaos
7. Not All Me
8. This Grudge
9. Spineless
10. Everything
Personnel: Alanis Morissette (vocals); Joel Shearer (acoustic guitar); John Shanks (electric guitar, keyboards); David Levita, Jason Orme (electric guitar); Zac Rae (piano, keyboards, vibraphone); Jamie Muhoberac (keyboards); Paul Bushnell, Tim Thorney (bass guitar); Kenny Aronoff, Blair Sinta (drums); Scott Gordon (drum programming).
Recording information: Groovemasters, Santa Monica, California; Stage And Sound, Hollywood, California; The Village Recorder, Los Angeles, California; Henson Studios, Hollywood, California.

0 comments:

Post a Comment